Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bargain Meal of the Week: Feb.24-Mar.2, 2010

Here in Colorado, we are still in the midst of WINTER. The snow just keeps coming (and then it keeps staying.....). This kind of weather makes me crave warm, hearty, comforting dishes (which are so fabulous for my family's weight. lol)

I ran across this recipe as I was searching for this week's bargain meal. I am not a huge fan of fruit/meat combo dishes, but somehow I think this one will work. Try it out and let me know what you think--I am going to make it this weekend, and see what my family says. After all, they are my best/worst critics. :-)


Apple Pork Chops and Oven-Roasted Parmesan Fingerling Potatoes
(Make sure you read the reader comments below the recipe--they give some tips to make the recipe work out better!)

Mixed Pork Chops--$1.49/lb. (use 1 1/2 lbs.) *$2.24*
Organic Cameo Apples--10 lbs./$10 (need 2 apples) *$0.50*

Organic Fingerling Potatoes--2/$5 (need 9 potatoes) *$2.00*

Est. Cost: $4.74

~~And always remember to check out the Grocery Gathering and if you live in Colorado, check out Springs Bargains for your local store deal!.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment