Saturday, February 20, 2010

Did I really eat that many?!

I have shared this recipe in the past, but it is so good--I thought I would "re-share".

My mother-in-law gave me the recipe, and I did not try it for a long time because I had a.....well.....a fear of using yeast. But I finally overcame it, tried out the recipe, the rolls turned out perfectly, and yeast and I have been friends ever since.

I have tried them with icing and with cream cheese frosting. Both are heavenly! Enjoy.....


~~Cinnamon Rolls~~

1 pkg. yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
3 T. butter
1 t. salt
3/4 cup scalded milk (just below boiling)
1 egg
2 1/2-3 cups flour

1) Soften yeast in warm water. In mixing bowl, combine sugar, butter, salt, and milk. Cool to lukewarm. Stir in egg and yeast mixture. Gradually, add flour to form a stiff dough. Knead until smooth and elastic.
2) Put dough in greased bowl--turn so dough is greased. Cover, let rise 1-1 1/2 hrs. or until doubled in size.
3) Roll out in rectangle shape--put melted butter over dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Roll up, cut and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.

To make icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 T. milk
Mix together and drizzle over rolls. Mmmmm......

2 comments: