Monday, January 3, 2011

Back by popular demand....

This morning, I posted a picture on Facebook of my favorite muffins. I got several requests for the recipe (which I had shared a year or two ago on my other blog), but I decided to re-post it on here today.

These muffins are perfect....hearty, easy to make, and kid-friendly. :-) Enjoy!

{Oatmeal-Cranberry Muffins}

2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup chopped dried fruit (I typically use craisins, but you can use apricots, raisins, etc.)
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup boiling water
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
2 t. grated orange peel, optional

In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl, combine the oats, fruit, butter and boiling water; stir until butter is melted. Cool for 5 minutes.
Stir in eggs, milk and orange peel if desired. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Yield: 1-1/2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment