Saturday, May 15, 2010

My family loves smoothies.

And I love to make them because:
1. They are easy.
2. They are healthy.
3. They are filling.
4. Did I mention they are easy?

*Buy fruit when it is on sale, and store it in the freezer.
(These strawberries were on sale for $1/16 oz and the mangos were 3/$1!)



*Wash the fruit and cut it into chunks that are easy to chop up in the blender.



*Freeze the chunks on a cookie sheet until solid.



*Divide the fruit into portions for a smoothie.
(I use this much fruit for a smoothie that serves 5)


Now my freezer is stocked with enough fruit for 5-6 smoothies!

And here is the easy recipe I use:

1 banana
5-6 strawberries, halved
1/3 mango, sliced
2 cups orange juice
1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup yogurt (I use Mountain High strawberry or vanilla)

Chop up fruit with other items on low speed.
Blend on high speed until smooth.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! Too bad I didn't stock up on strawberries when they were just $1. I think my girls would probably like smoothies.

    ReplyDelete