Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bargain Meal of the Week: January 13-19, 2010


It's time for the National Western Stock Show here in Denver, and that means sales on meat. :-)

But the beef is not cheap enough for me, so I am going for the pork this week.

Enjoy yourself some ribs, and remember the bib and wipes! ;)

Crockpot Sesame Ribs and Steamed Veggies
(I reduced the recipe to 4 servings, and used a pre-made marinade rather than make my own.)

Country Style Pork Ribs--$1.69/lb. (need 2 lbs.)
Kroger Marinades--10/$10 (use Sesame Ginger flavor)
Red, White or Yellow Peeled Onions--10 lbs/$10 (use 1)

Bird's Eye or Kroger Vegetables--10/$10 (make 1 pkg.)

Est. Cost: $5.88

And if you are in the Denver area during January, make sure you take in a rodeo for me. I will be too busy cooking.....
Oh, and
remember to check out the Grocery Gathering for your local deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment