Sunday, January 24, 2010

What's a flapjack anyways?

I think I have mentioned that I have some big eaters in my house. Seriously, we appear to be training for some competitive eating, based on the amounts of food consumed around here.

Because of that, I need some good hearty breakfast foods......to keep them satisfied for a few hours at least.

This recipe is a huge hit around here. And it doesn't have a warm and fuzzy story about being passed down through generations or anything. I actually got it from the wife of our Walmart manager, when I was working at Curves before our wedding. Yes--it IS an odd place to get a recipe from. But I am not about to complain or even question.

Because my family adores it.

Without further rambling, here it is.....


Favorite Pancakes
(aka: Pancakes Fed To The Local Walmart Manager and His Family)

2 1/2 cups flour (I use 1 cup wheat flour, 1 1/2 white)
4 t. baking powder
1 T. sugar
1 t. salt
2 beaten eggs
2 cups milk
2 T. oil

Combine egg, milk, and salad oil. Add dry ingredients, stirring until smooth. Bake on hot griddle. Makes about 18 pancakes. (I used a 1/4 measuring cup to pour batter onto griddle.)

P.S Those aren't really the pancakes in that picture up there. lol.
I will post the recipe for THOSE pancakes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment