Monday, August 9, 2010

Slackers still make good cooks.....

Yes, I am a slacker. (But I am the first one to admit it.)

And I DO know how to cook, and I believe that covers a multitude of sins. ;-) Anyone with me on that one?

I made several things since I posted last....but alas, I forgot to take pictures of most of them. I just don't want to try something unless I can see a picture of the finished product. So I don't want to post recipes on here for you to try, based only on my good word. You gotta have pictures!

I did find a picture of one item that I made.....my husband's favorite salad:
tomato caprese. My friend gave me fresh basil out of her garden and I found fresh mozzarella on sale, so I was all set. Mine varied slightly from the traditional recipe--I added cucumber slices, and I marinated it with Italian dressing, rather than drizzling it with olive oil, vinegar and spices.
(I was in a hurry! :-) He still loved it.....only one tiny bowl of leftovers.

What is your favorite summer salad?

2 comments: