Friday, February 12, 2010

Bargain Meal of the Week: February 10-16, 2010


Nothin' says I love you like a good meal. Can I get an "amen"? Seriously.....when someone cooks something good for you, you know they at least LIKE you. ;-)

My girls and I are making a Valentine meal for "our boys". It was fun to plan the menu with them, and have them help me shop for the ingredients. I will post pictures of our gourmet event next week....we are even breaking out the candlesticks for it!

If you are staying home and eating dinner with your sweetie, this meal is delicious and so easy to prepare.....and it serves two!

Bacon-wrapped Asparagus Bundles,
Greek Cucumber Salad
and Brownies Ala Mode


Fresh Tender Asparagus--$1.39/lb. ($2.10 for 1.5 lbs.)
Tyson Sliced Bacon--$2.99 ($1.00 for 4 slices)

Greek Cucumber Salad--$5.49/lb. ($1.83 for 2 servings)

Betty Crocker Brownie Mix--$1.69 ($0.32 for 2 big brownies)
Breyers Ice Cream--$2.48 ($0.42 for 2 scoops)

Est. Cost: $5.67


(Remember to check out the Grocery Gathering
for your local deals!)

No comments:

Post a Comment